FARM STORE POLICIES
We ask all new subscribers and customers to carefully read through the following guidelines.
CSA Shares and Values:We currently offer two chicken share sizes for you to choose from.
Full Share (6 chickens every 3 months) $400
Half Share (3 chickens every 3 months) $200
One-time boxes: We also offer various one-time boxes if you’d like to try out our chicken first, before joining our CSA or if it works better for you to purchase one box at a time.
One Time Box of 10 chickens $160
One Time Box of 6 chickens $100
One Time Box of 3 chickens $50
1) Accepted Forms of Payments: Sharing Our Roots uses Farmigo, a web-based software program to help manage the financial interactions between our customers and our farm. We currently accept payments through PayPal. Note: you don’t need to have a PayPal account to make a purchase. Simply check out as a guest and pay with Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express. CSA members will need to create a Farmigo customer account to access details of their share orders.
2) Cancellation: To cancel your Sharing Our Roots CSA subscription, send us an email at email@example.com. Please give us at least five days notice stating that you would like to cancel your subscription, especially if it’s nearing a delivery date so that we can plan accordingly. If you need to cancel a one-time purchase from our farm store, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Refunds: If you believe you deserve a credit for poor quality, damaged, or otherwise unsaleable chicken, please email us email@example.com. For all other refunds please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will evaluate cases individually. Be sure to include what day/time you picked up your product, how it was stored, and pictures if possible. We want to share the best quality products possible, so your feedback helps us improve our systems and catch issues early on.
4) Communication: Sharing Our Roots publishes a bi-monthly newsletter that subscribers receive via email. We will also send separate emails announcing any important changes in delivery schedule and locations, prices, policies, special deals and more. By agreeing to join our CSA, you are also agreeing to read email communications from us, as information can be time sensitive. Please add email@example.com to your address book to protect our communications from spam filters.
5) Box on Hold Notice: We ask CSA members that you arrange to pick up on the delivery date assigned, as re-delivery is difficult to arrange. We understand that things come up suddenly, so if you do miss a delivery, we will hold your box and send you an email with instructions on when/where to pick up your CSA box.
6) Changes to Order and/or Pick-Up Site: Any changes/additions to your order or pick-up site should be made five days prior to your next scheduled pick-up. This ensures we have enough product, proper storage space and have time to make appropriate distribution arrangements for delivery.
7a) Farm Product/CSA Pick-up Protocol: Please read our Pick-up Protocol below. Understanding and following these instructions is important to the successful operation of our Farm Store.
- Remember to pick up your order. You should receive a reminder via email, but it’s ultimately your responsibility to pick up your order, unless shipment has been arranged. Mail delivery options are only available for non-meat products.
- Please observe the pick-up times carefully and be respectful of your site host. If you do not pick up your product/CSA box during the designated hours, you may need to wait until the next pick up date.
- A staff member or site host will be present to check your order and deliver your product/box.
- You may leave empty boxes unfolded and flattened with the site host for recycling. We will also clean and reuse any nursery pots/trays and dried botanical buckets you no longer need.
- Keep the pick-up site clean. Please do not leave papers or other unwanted trash at your local friendly pickup site.
How do I get started? You can shop at our Sharing Our Roots Farmigo webstore without creating an account. If you’re interested in signing-up to our annual CSA, you can click on the “Sign Up” tab on our website. A confirmation of your account, pickup location details, and start date will be automatically emailed to you.
Other questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.