The Sharing Our Roots team is made up of talented and experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds who are dedicated to building a food system that is equitable to all. If you share this passion, we encourage you to apply to our open positions.
We currently have 1 open position
Job Title: Operations Manager (full-time)
Location: Northfield, Minn., — this is a hybrid in-person/remote position. Must be willing to work at the Sharing Our Roots Farm at least 1/3 of the time.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Organizational Assistance (30%):
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the Sharing Our Roots staff and governing board.
- Lead administrative duties, propose and and help implement solutions to our current administrative and operations systems.
- Be a point of contact with contract HR service, for example: maintain and update Sharing Our Roots’ employee handbook and personnel files; oversee Sharing Our Roots’ recruitment database and promote open positions;
- Assist with scheduling and staff/board meeting logistics. Send reminders, prepare agendas, and supporting materials for meetings. Disseminate materials in advance and record meeting minutes, as requested.
- Assist with travel planning, scheduling, communication and event planning for the SOR team.
- Collect timesheets for SOR staff and work closely with the accountant.
- Build close working relationships with SOR team members.
Financial Assistance (30%):
- Maintain transparency in financials between accounting team and staff by facilitating regular open books meetings.
- Prepare weekly bank deposits and vendor payments.
- Process, manage and complete regular reports on accounts payable and receivable in Quickbooks with the accountant.
- Assist SOR leadership with communication with staff and vendors.
- Outstanding check research.
- Collect expense reports and submit them to the leadership team for approval.
- Collate and code month-end reports and bank statements.
- Participate in preparing for and the completion of the annual audit.
Development Support (25%)
- Assist in tracking donations, updating donor spreadsheets and writing timely thank you letters to donors.
- Assist in tracking grants and updating grant spreadsheets.
- Work with Development Director to generate fundraising reports to share with staff, Board of Directors, and Development Committee.
- Assist in submitting grant proposals and reports on time.
- Maintain an updated logins and passwords spreadsheet for grant portals.
Operations, Office & Facilities Management (15%):
- Provide front-end support and assistance for SOR telephone system, including answering and directing calls, and technical support.
- Assist with organization-wide logistics of online meetings and webinars as well as in person tours and events.
- Maintain physical and google drive files and filing systems, digitize records, manage document retention policy.
- Manage subscriptions and coordinate services including utilities, internet, insurance, etc;
- Coordinate first contact with contracted services. Maintain contracted service files including bookkeeping/accounting, HR, videography, IT, repairs, etc;
- Order, maintain, and organize supplies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to support a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, strong data entry skills.
- 3+ years in office, operations, and/or administrative assisting.
- Preferred experience in basic accounting functions.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage time efficiently.
- High proficiency with Adobe, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Google GSuite and Quickbooks.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and train others.
- Some IT experience is helpful but not required.
- Experience creating systems for organizing supplies, files, etc. preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Spanish, Swahili, and/or additional language fluency is helpful but not required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: Most of your time will be spent in front of a computer. This is a hybrid remote/in-person work position and having a dedicated workspace and maintaining works hours reflective of office hours (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.) is preferable. We will provide you with or support the technology necessary to complete your job duties both remotely and on-site.
Physical Demands: This is a computer/office work-based role; however, occasional physical demands could include setting up for events, food hauling and preparation, loading and unloading materials for trainings, setting up tables and chairs, tabling at outreach events, and filing. This would require the ability to carry 20-60 pounds, lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
Compensation: $40-$45K (+benefits) per year based on experience. Benefits include: health insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), sick leave, federal holidays, professional development opportunities and retirement benefits.
To APPLY: In one PDF document, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Operations Manager: YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until Nov 15, 2021.